Caprese Grilled Cheese Sandwich:
2 slices of whole wheat bread
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon pesto
- 4 sundried tomatoes (soaked in olive oil and balsamic vinegar)
- 3 slices of fresh mozzarella (1/4 inch thick)
- Pour olive oil in skillet and turn burner to medium heat. (Note: someone gave me a cast iron skillet for Christmas and I cannot use any of my other skillets. Cast iron skillets are the bee’s knees).
- Toast one side of each slice of bread. Once one side is toasted, spread pesto on toasted side of each slice (This keeps the inside of the bread from getting too soggy).
- Layer mozzarella and tomatoes. Then put sandwich together.
- Cook until both sides are toasted and cheese is melted.