I ate at an amazing cafe, and both things I had were phenomenal: the green caprese salad and chocolate flourless cake. I have not tried to recreate the chocolate flourless cake yet, but I have had a chance to the make the green caprese salad. I have made it three times in the last week. The dressing is perfect, and super easy to make! Recipe below:
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and blend until well combined.
- Depending on consistency, you can add more olive oil or balsamic vinegar.
- 3 cups spinach or any leaf green
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- Several slices of fresh mozzarella
- Pepper to taste
- In a large plate, put spinach layer first, then add tomato halves.
- On top add mozzarella, the grind fresh pepper.
- Finally, pour dressing over salad.
Note: I made extra dressing, and the longer it sits in the refrigerator the better it tastes.