So if you asked before I moved to Boulder to drink a green smoothie, I would probably would have laughed in your face while eating a brownie! However, I decided to give this green smoothie thing a try and it wasn’t bad! I made this recipe this week and it tasted very much like a milkshake. Recipe below:
- One large handful of spinach
- One large handful of kale
- 1/2 cup carrot juice
- 1/4 of a banana
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons melted coconut oil
- In a large blender, combine spinach, kale, carrot juice, banana, coconut water and cinnamon for about three minutes.
- Add melted coconut oil and blend for another minute.
You can pretty much try any variation of ingredients; this combo is my favorite so far.