I am a list maker, whatever I do, I need a list. I currently have three life goals list: my 2012 resolution list, before I turn 26 to do list, and my bucket list. Recently, I took a look at my lists, and I was pleasantly surprised that I completed several things 2012 resolution list and the 26 list.
2012 brought a lot of changes both professionally and personally. I got a promotion at work, found a new and better apartment and my biggest personal accomplishment, I quit biting my nails. It may seem trivial, but I have been trying to stop biting my nails since I was a teen, and I finally have stopped.
With all the accomplishments of 2012, I had some major failures; I did not get accepted into business school, which was a huge let down, and I am still my worst critic.
With 2013 coming soon, I decided to write a new resolution list.
- No more self loathing. In 2012, I made great strides on the self loathing front, but in 2012; I really want to cut the self-hatred out completely.
- Drink more water.
- Run the Bolder Boulder. I did it once in 2011, but I would love to do it again in 2012.
- Volunteer more.
- Take the bus at least three times a week to work.
- Blog more frequently.
- Look at life as half full not half empty.
- Reconnect with old friends.
- Go on a vacation.
- Learn to knit.
- Read one book a month.
- Listen more than I talk. Considering I talk too much, this is going to be a hard one!
- Try photographing new things. I love nature, but I would love to photograph new objects.
- Learn to play the guitar.
- Learn to speak French.
- Don’t take life so seriously.
- Go hiking more.
- Stop complaining especially in the summer. I complain about the heat way too much!
I am sure I will add more things, but this is it for now.