Sometimes I want fresh cooked food, but do not feel like dirtying a bunch of dishes for just myself. So, here is a new recipe that is quick and easy, and you only have use one sauté pan (assuming you have a pan that can go from stove top to the oven.). It is a little on the spicy side, but I can handle heat, so ease up on the red pepper flakes if you are a sensitive one.
Mushroom and Sweet Potato Pizza
- 2 Pieces of Naan (flat bread)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes (cooked, cut and sliced into 1/4″ slices)*
- 2 Portobello mushrooms (Slices into 1/4″ pieces)
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced or chopped, it does not matter)
- 1 Tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella (shredded or sliced)
- Handful of parsley (or any herb), chopped
- Sea Salt and Pepper for seasoning
- Pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil in sauté pan, heat and cook mushrooms until tender and brown. I salt and pepper the mushrooms while sautéing.
Remove mushrooms from pan (I put them back on the cutting board).
- Pour last tablespoon of olive oil in pan, heat and sweet potatoes. Season potatoes with salt and pepper. Cook potatoes until a little crispy on both sides, about 3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and set aside. Turn heat to lowest setting.
- With the left over oil still heating, add garlic and red pepper flakes, and let them simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- While garlic is toasting, assemble the pizza by placing the mushrooms and sweet potatoes on the naan.
- Pour oil with garlic and peppers over the pizza.
- Add the mozzarella.
- Sprinkle parsley over pizza.
- Put pizza back in sauté pan and place in the oven on 350 degrees for about ten minutes. You can pre-heat if you want to; I did not because everything on the pizza is already cooked.
**Note: I cook the sweet potato for about 5 minutes in the microwave; let cool for about two minutes and then slice. I also leave the skins on.