When pulling into my garage today, I realized I had two things in my refrigerator: kale and slightly over ripened bananas, and I was not making a smoothie with those items. I decided to grab a couple of things at Sunflower Market to make dinner. Inspiration hit me in the produce section, grilled peaches over a cold salad (I may have done a small dance near the peaches)! I love grilled peaches; however, I do not have a griddle pan to get those pretty grill marks, so a girl’s got improvise. This salad had nice balance of flavors, no one ingredient overpowered the other, perfect synchronization!
Grilled Peach-Kale Salad
Serves Two (My dinner and tomorrow’s lunch)
- 2 peaches
- 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 cups kale
- 1/4 cup almond slivers
- 1 tablespoon of sliced cheese (your choice, I used Swiss)
- Season with salt and pepper
- Dressing: 1 tablespoon olive oil and about a teaspoon of lime juice
- Heat frying pan on medium heat; using a pastry brush, brush the pan with olive oil.
- While pan is heating, cut peaches into quarters. Place peaches in the pan with skin side up.
- Let peaches sizzle for about 10 minutes and remove from heat and set aside.
- Cut and wash kale and place in a bowl.
- Add the almonds slivers and cheese to bowl with the kale.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- For dressing: stir olive and lime juice together.
- Put kale mixture onto a plate, top with the peaches and drizzle dressing.