I have the perfect caramel sauce that I absolutely love. It is made through the dry sugar method, so no worrying about crystallizing sugar. Here is the step-by-step guide. Add less butter for a less thick caramel sauce. Caramel sauce can be used on ice cream, tops of cakes, fillings for cupcakes, added to buttercream, confections, etc.
- 1 cup sugar
- 4-6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Measure out all ingredients.
2. Heat sugar, stir occasionally, so sugar does not burn. Sugar will look crumbly before melting. Sugar should melt completely and be an amber color.
3. Add butter, stir until fully combined.
4. Turn heat off, then add heavy cream, stir until combined. If heavy cream is too cold, mixture will curdle, just heat for a minute or two.
5. Transfer to heat safe bowl, and add vanilla extracts and stir to combine.